Monday, February 8, 2016

Curent Events 4.3

1. What are five things you should know about the Zika virus? Page A1
1. Zika is in Travis County
2. Zika is linked to birth defects
3. It has been found active in saliva and urine
4. Pregnant women re at risk
5. There's no vaccine for Zika
2. How is Ft. Hood promoting renewable energy? Page A1
The army has embarked on a mission to pull more power from renewable sources. They have 75 miles of solar panels to promote renewable energy and will be continuing this project for awhile. 
3. What are three of the top jobs that do not require a 4-year college degree? Page B7
1. Licensed Practical nurse
2. Electrician
3. Plumber

4. Who won the Super Bowl and what was the score? Page C1
The Denver Broncos won the Super Bowl and the score was 10-24. 

5. Skim the Webb Report on Page D2, which story was the most interesting? Just give me the subheadline of the six stories there.
The story about the stolen Miley doll is most interesting because it is so bizarre. Why would you steal a life size Miley doll? People do crazy things...
SUBHEADLINE'S
1. Stolen Miley sex doll recovered
2. Horns up, McConaughey
3. Start Your Engines
4. #nofilter
5. Austin Family values
6. Newsmakers

SHORT ANSWER
     My favorite photo is picture of the man on the bike riding throughout the snow, pedal through the powder. I like this picture because all the action (falling snow) is completely stopped and you can see every small detail. Furthermore only the subject is in focus making the photo more appealing and making it easier to see the man's emotions. 
     I think the photo of the bull fight had the most interesting stuff/things happening in the photo. First of all, it is a great acton shot and you can see the bull's muscles and the bullfighters face. Furthermore you can make out the blurry people in the background who are all intensely watching this fight happen. The fact that there are two subjects creates more suspense because from the photograph, I don't know what is going to happen. This photo is interesting because it pulls me in and I want to know more about everything that is happening in the photo. 
     I think the photo of the ballets being counted that just shows the hands is the most boring. All you can really see are hands and pieces of paper. The photo doesn't really catch my attention and is boring. I like to see people in photos but there are only hands in this photo. There just isn't much action happening and the subject of the photo (voting) doesn't really interest me. 
     I think the photo "flight of the angel" had the most interesting subject because of how he is dressed and the background of the photo. I don't really know what's happening in the photo just by looking at  it but the lady that is larger and dressed looks to be royalty of some sort. Furthermore there is a mass of people behind her which makes me think she is famous or very important. She catches my eye and causes me to want to know more about her. Therefore I think she is the most interesting subject. 

No comments:

Post a Comment