Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Student of the Month Lede

WHO: Cianna Chavez
WHAT: Won student of the month
WHEN: At lunch, May 28, 2015
WHERE: At James Bowie High School
WHY: She was popular, involved, and made great grades
HOW: The students and teachers all voted for her

STORY:
On May 28 at James Bowie High School, freshman Cianna Chavez was voted by her teachers and peers to be student of the month due to her friendly personality and good grades.

"I think I won because I make good grades." student of the month Cianna Chavez said. "I have good relationships with all the people who voted, and i have a great personality."

Cianna is in yearbook, journalism, orchestra and 4 pre-ap classes. She has a lot on her plate along with academics.

"Cianna is a very involved student but still makes great grades," Principal Montgomery said. "She works hard in all of her classes and this was key in her winning."

Cianna's ability to balance between school and extracurricular activities played a major role in her winning this award.

"I try to level out my assignments and hobbies," Cianna Chavez said. "I split my time evenly between school and extracurricular actives but school is always my first priority."

The student of the month was announced over the intercom for the whole school to hear.

"I expected to win because before they announced who won, they had already told me," freshman Cianna Chavez said. "Winning made me feel proud and accomplished."

Cianna was motivated to win by her science teacher who really encouraged her to work hard throughout the year.

"I told Cianna just to do her best in all her classes and be honest and respectable," ninth grade science teacher Jill Ferak said. "I knew that she could do it and I just kept encouraging her."

Furthermore, Cianna's parents were very proud of their daughter for winning this award.

"We are very proud of our little girl," Cianna's father James Chavez said. "Her grades reflect that she deserves this award and many teachers and parents have told us great things about Cianna."

Cianna's teacher's and parents may be very proud but her friends may have a different view.

"I think that she is a really nice friend but after she won that award I think she became a little to confident in herself," best friend Geore Durge said.

This new perception of Cianna may be due to all of the special treatments she receives from winning student of the month.

"I get to walk around with no shoes on and teachers let me do what i want," Cianna Chavez said. "Furthermore, I get to go off campus for lunch for one whole month."

However, Cianna's teachers think that these special treatments are just part of winning.

"Of course I give her special treatments, she deserves it," ninth grade science teacher Jill Ferak said. "If other students find this unfair then they should work harder and do their best so they can win."

Whatever the case may be, Cianna worked hard to win this title and has advice for those trying to win this award.

"I would tell others to work hard and be charming because teachers love that," Cianna Chavez said. "Also good grades are very important and just try to be like me."

WORD COUNT: 506

No comments:

Post a Comment