Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Current Events Quiz 4.1

1. What are 5 key points listeners can expect to hear from President Obama when he gives his final State of the Union address tonight? Page A1 "The Presidency"
A breakup note, retrospective, social push, Tee up for democrats, and Austin represented.


2. How did actor Sean Penn play a role in the capture of drug lord "El Chapo"? Page A5 "Penn: 'nothin' to hide'

Actor Sean Penn met up with an Actress who led him straight to El Chapo. They were being tracked so the government was able to capture him. 

3. Name 4 of David Bowie's most famous songs. Page A9 "True Genius" of pop music..."
"Space Oddity," "Fame," "Heroes," and Lets Dance."


4. What is the projected Powerball lottery payout for the lucky winner when the numbers are pulled Wednesday night? Page B1
$1.4 billion


5. Would you go to Star Wars Universe at Disney World (Why)? Page SA3 "Bring the galaxy closer...."
No I wouldn't because I am not a huge fan of star wars and to pay a lot of money just to look at Star wars memorabilia does not interest me.

SHORT ANSWER
     If I could buy a lottery ticket I definitely would. Even though the chance of winning is close to none I think it would still be fun to participate. Furthermore, just having a chance at winning all that money is exciting and thinning to think about. So yes I would buy a ticket but just for the fun and excitement of it. 
     My parents have bought tickets. They got 5 tickets at HEB when the power ball was at $900 million. However, my dad thinks that buying lottery tickets is dumb because there is such a low chance that you will win especially in such a big drawing like this $1.4 billion powerball. 
     I would definitely buy tickets for this powerball. It is the largest ever and it would be exciting to feel like I had a shot at winning that much money even though I have almost no chance. Any ways, if I was going to buy a ticket, this powerball drawing would be the time to do it. 
     If I were to win this money, I would start by giving at least 10% to the church and charities around the world. I have read many stories about people who win the lottery and know that getting that much money can do bad things to people so I would try to avoid that. After donating to charities I would put more than half in a savings or bank account of some sort. I would put the money towards mine and my brothers college accounts. Also, I would give money to my parents and relatives. Finally (after tax reductions and all the others ways the government takes lottery money) I would use whatever money I had left (Which is probably a lot) to get me through as many years of my life as it could. Yes, I would probably splurge quite a bit and not be the best at saving all that money but I would try to keep the spending to a minimum. One final thing I wold do is keep my name anonymous. I would not want people finding out that i had won all that money because then they would treat me differently or some would try to steal it. I would want to continue my normal lifestyle that I had before winning. 
    If I didn't win the big jackpot and just got $3 million dollars I would still be really happy. Again I would keep it anonymous so that no one knew I won. That money I would just keep between me, my brothers, and my parents. Again I would put at least 10% towards the church and charities. I would pay off mine and mothers college accounts and probably put almost all of the rest in savings. I wouldn't want winning money to change me as a person so i would do my best to prevent that and prevent it within my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment