Thursday, January 21, 2016

Photography Ethics

A. Two photographers combined two different photos to make the composition of their photos better. They were fired from their jobs because it was unethical to combine these two photos. They were trying to create more effect and drama within their photos by using photoshop but tok it a little too far.

B. I think this type of photo editing is unethical because basically the photographer is lying. This isn't what they actually captured or may not even have been exactly what happened yet the photographer edits the image to evoke more emotion from those who see the photo. Furthermore, they want to improve their composition but if you didn't take the photo with that composition, I don't believe you have the right to sit them and say you did.


A. I think that this photo was the most unethical because this was a real war and both of the subjects in this photo were doing their best to save people. Yet the photographer edited the photo to make it look like the man was trying to escape but the soldier is not letting him. I think it's very wrong to edit photo of real life events because first of all people don't get to see what truly happened and wars are dangerous and hard times and I don't think the photographer has the right to edit such a difficult time in people's lives.

B. I think that this photo was the least unethical manipulation because they just moved landforms to fit in the cover of the magazine. Moving landforms doesn't effete anyones lives or image so I don't think it is a big deal. Furthermore, most people probably wouldn't notice that they were moved closer together, I know that I didn't when I first saw this manipulation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment