Thursday, January 21, 2016

Current Events Quiz 4.2

1. How many students attend an AISD school? Page A1 "Austin district no longer...."
83,951 students

2. How (not how much) will Big Ben State Park potentially grow by 578 acres? Page B1 "Big Bend State Park..."
The Texas Parks and wildlife department is closing a deal for the extra 578m acres. They are exchanging 607 acres of public land for 1,185 acres of private land.


3. What are the Pantone colors of the year? Page SA2 "New top Pantone colors..."
Rose quartz and serenity


4. Do you know anyone who colors? What do you think about this new trend? Page D1 "Coloring Craze"
I do know people who color. My best friend Jenni and her sister Jessi love and some might say are obsessed with coloring. I don't have a problem with this trend and personally I think it is pretty cool. It is a relaxing way to have fun and it shows that adults can do things that are supposedly meant for kids.


5. Which of these would you like to attend this weekend if you could? WHY? Page D2 "The Long Weekend"

I would like to attend the Bullock's museum Life and Death on the border because history interests me and I think their is a lot of things people don't know about between Mexico and Texas. We as humans are quick to judge but I think this exhibit would help me truly understand the history of the border.

SHORT ANSWER
      The major causes of Global warming are El Nino, a weather pattern that warms the earth, and long term planetary warming caused by greenhouse gases entering the atmosphere. 
        Some consequences of the higher global temperatures are more intense rainstorms on Earth because a warmer atmosphere can hold more water vapor. Furthermore big waves are created and the Earth becomes overall warmer in temperature. 
      I don't really think about global warming that much because my parents don't think it is a real thing so therefore I typically just brush off the idea of global warming. Also as a high school student, I am typically more worried about getting my homework done then about what is happening to the Earth's climate and environment. 
      As a society I think we need to find more ways to be a more green planet. I know many steps have been taken to make this change but it doesn't seem to be working. Personally I think that cars are not a necessity in this world unless a long road trip is being taken. I think that more people walking, biking or carpooling in a bus or one car would limit the amount of gases admitted into the  air. With less gases being released into the atmosphere, I believe the warming of the Earth would slow down a little bit. 
      I don't think it has reached the point where global warming is a major issue but it definitely is an issue. Currently nothing that awful has happened because of global warming making it not seem like such a big deal. However I do think that measures need to be taken to slow down this process so that it doesn't become a major problem in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment