Monday, October 5, 2015

The Big Day


On April 22, 2015 at a church in Missouri, Quinn James and John Marshall were getting married due to the fact that they both loved each other. However, Clay Smith had also fallen in love with Quinn and was going to try and intervene.

"I was overjoyed about getting married to Quinn," soon-to-be husband John Marshall said. "She couldn't have a more perfect personality."

Little did John Marshall know that Quinn James had deeper feelings for someone else.

"I had met Clay at a bar a few weeks before my wedding," Quinn said. "It was like love at first sight but I knew I had to try to forget about him."

The day of the wedding, Clay Smith jumped in his silver volkswagon and through the pouring rain raced to get to the wedding.

"I couldn't stop thinking about Quinn and when I heard about the wedding I knew I couldn't live with myself if I didn't try to intervene," Clay Smith said.

The path was windy and many obstacles were thrown in Clay's way while trying to get to the wedding.

"It seemed like the universe was telling me to just turn around and I probably should have listened, but all I could think about was Quinn," Clay said. "I was screaming and yelling at the world, trying to let it know that I had somewhere very important to be, but it didn't listen."

As Clay was attempting to arrive at the wedding, bride Quinn James was getting ready.

"The dress was so beautiful and I couldn't believe that I had finally found someone to spend the rest of my life with," Quinn said. "But then I remembered Clay."

Not many could tell but Quinn's face showed it all, she was anxiously waiting for Clay to arrive and take her away.

"Once he was on my mind, I couldn't get him out," Quinn said. "I knew that we had a deep connection so I was waiting for a movie-like scene to happen where Clay comes and takes me away. I kept fidgeting with my ring and gazing out the window trying to deal with my thoughts."

Time kept ticking though and the wedding had to get started.

"I was just going to have to forget Clay like he had already probably forgotten about me," Quinn said. "I put on my best fake smile and just tried to think about how great John was and how pretty this dress was."

The minister went to shut the doors of the church and a little while later Clay arrived.

"When I saw the old doors of that church, I stopped thinking. I was acting purely on instinct," Clay Smith said. "All I could think was seeing Quinn one last time."

As the minister was saying the final words, the front church doors were thrown open and Clay, looking like he had just been beat up, came barreling through.

"I was shocked and didn't know what was happening," John Marshall said. "All I knew was there was a random man standing in the aisle and staring at my soon-to-be wife."

Quinn looked down, then to her husband, and finally turned her head and looked into Clay's innocent blue eyes one last time.

"As i stared into Quinn's eyes i understood that this was her life now," Clay said. "I was going to somehow have to find a way to move on, even if I knew that was an impossible task."



WORD COUNT: 577







No comments:

Post a Comment